Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Beartooth Regular
2,214 Posts
I'm no cast bullet expert, nor am I an extremely proficient handgunner, but I think you will be satisfied with the .432 bullets. Beartooth 265gr WFN's, sized .432, shot better than anything else in my old Super Blackhawk. And no, I'm not on Marshall's payroll!;)

· Beartooth Regular
2,214 Posts
Chief,
I've been getting excellent results from Accurate No.5. I'm not really hot-rodding these loads; I'm only trying to get about 1100-1200 fps, and 12gr of AA5 is right in that range. It got just over 1100 in the 4 5/8" SBH, and almost 1200 in my 6" 629. The great thing is, extreme spreads are in the neighborhood of 5-8 fps, SD is 2-3 fps, so it is highly consistent. The only other powder I've tried is 2400, which gave decent velocity but less consistency and accuracy. The way I shoot a handgun, I need all the help I can get with accuracy! :p

BTW, I've been getting great results with AA5 and cast bullets in my 30 caliber rifles, too.

· Beartooth Regular
2,214 Posts
Here is a pic of a couple of groups fired at 100yds with 170 gr cast bullets (Lyman 31142) and AA5. This is from my 30-06. I had a pic or two of some groups fired with the SBH, but I must have deleted them when I sold that gun. Oh well!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.