Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
That is personal preference. I've shot thumb hole stocks but never owned one. I found them comfortable to shoot and nice for free hand shooting. But the straight stocks just always seemed to fit me and I never saw the extra cost necessary. Maybe someday I will get one just to say I have one.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I own an .50 Accura with a regular stock. It fit me better then the thumbhole. I suppose it is personal preference. You should get what you feel comfortable with a friend once told me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I own an Accura with a regular stock and for me its perfect. As said before it is a matter of preference and which model you are most comfortable with. Good luck shopping I am sure you will love that ML no matter which one you buy.

·
Registered
549 Posts
i bought the accura with the thumbhole. i prefer it and love it. I feel it helps me in the field and also with recoil. its just comfy for my hand

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for your advice. I have two cousins who hunt a lot. One said get the thumbhole, but the one that owns the thumbhole said it doesn't matter!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to a sporting goods store today and tried out both stocks. The thumbhole felt a little better. So that is the one for me. Thanks to everyone for their help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts