Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall,

Just recently bought a tikka t3x .300 win mag tactical. Does anyone have experience with this rifle? Tips and tricks appreciated. I have done research through YouTube and multiple other forums just getting some more thoughts and opinions on the weapon itself as well as scopes and a sling for it.
Mainly going to be used for hunting in Colorado so a lot of walking/ hiking.

Any thoughts any comments will help. Thanks!

John

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey yall,

Just recently bought a tikka t3x .300 win mag tactical. Does anyone have experience with this rifle? Tips and tricks appreciated. I have done research through YouTube and multiple other forums just getting some more thoughts and opinions on the weapon itself as well as scopes and a sling for it.
Mainly going to be used for hunting in Colorado so a lot of walking/ hiking.

Any thoughts any comments will help. Thanks!

John
Great purchase! 🤙 I personally love them, great accuracy, and a cold hammer forged barrel really a great rifle for anything you could hunt in Colorado. As far as a scope is concerned it depends on what price range your in? I personally am a huge fan of the vortex razor, anything that compares is usually double its cost, and being leupold, nightforce and so on. Vortex warranty is great and I personally have hunted with a wide variety of these scopes and they take a beaten and keep a zero. Also make sure you take Into consideration buying the right base for the optic. You may have to purchase a 20 MOA base, a lot of vortex optics have been known to run out of elevation at the 450 yard range, a problem I fixed on mine after purchasing the right base. Good luck with your new rifle and happy hunting.
🤪

Reactions: Kent0145

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
8,369 Posts
No one has experience with your rifle, except you. 😉
Tikka branded rifles are good quality, with nice triggers. I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding a load that makes it happy.
Since you already own it, ignore what other people think of it. What you think of it, is what's important. Get shooting, and let us know what you think.

To the comments about the Vortex Razor...
I'm sorry, but no. There is simply no scenario where it's "OK" for a $1,000+ scope to not make 450 yards of adjustment.

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great purchase! 🤙 I personally love them, great accuracy, and a cold hammer forged barrel really a great rifle for anything you could hunt in Colorado. As far as a scope is concerned it depends on what price range your in? I personally am a huge fan of the vortex razor, anything that compares is usually double its cost, and being leupold, nightforce and so on. Vortex warranty is great and I personally have hunted with a wide variety of these scopes and they take a beaten and keep a zero. Also make sure you take Into consideration buying the right base for the optic. You may have to purchase a 20 MOA base, a lot of vortex optics have been known to run out of elevation at the 450 yard range, a problem I fixed on mine after purchasing the right base. Good luck with your new rifle and happy hunting.
🤪
Thanks for the insight!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No one has experience with your rifle, except you. 😉
Tikka branded rifles are good quality, with nice triggers. I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding a load that makes it happy.
Since you already own it, ignore what other people think of it. What you think of it, is what's important. Get shooting, and let us know what you think.

To the comments about the Vortex Razor...
I'm sorry, but no. There is simply no scenario where it's "OK" for a $1,000+ scope to not make 450 yards of adjustment.

Cheers
Thanks for your input! I agree about shooters preference. Just trying to get some ideas since I won't be picking up until sometime after the 15th of February. I've never hunted with rifle before due to living originally in Maryland, I'm used to muzzleloader and shotgun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts