Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I just installed a Timney featherlight in my 1918 Carl Gustav swede and am having an issue. When the bolt is retracted after firing, the sear hits the top of the trigger(looking through the peep hole in the trigger assembly) and won't allow the bolt to pull back. I removed the sear and shaved the back portion of it, but no luck. I called Timney and they said to file the face of the cocking piece where it meets the sear. I'm not sure how this will help. It seems the sear is not moving back and down when the bolt is retracted, it just moves down and hits the trigger. If I pull the trigger while retracting the bolt then it works just fine, but that would be a pain in the field. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
3,886 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

Timney triggers often need to be fitted to a Mauser action. This is a job for a competent gunsmith or someone with a lot of expertise in this area. I would suggest taking the rifle to a competent gunsmith. All the best...
Gil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.