Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please contact the website http://www.helping.org/ and ask them to remove the Violence Policy Center, the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, and the Million Mom March from their "charity" list.  You can email them at [email protected]  I pointed out to them that these organizations are not charities, and they have absolutely nothing to do with what happened on 9/11.  Also contact CNN and email them at their feedback URL regarding their story on the concert.  It does not mention that proceeds are still going to those above mentioned organizations.

gene

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I received this response from Rosie Moher ([email protected]):

"Thank you for your email. Those specific charities are considered charities by IRS standards and therefore, they have a right to appear as any other 501c3 non profit does. There are over 720,000 501c3 nonprofits (this is just one classification) in the country & we aren't all going to agree on them. The IRS set up specific standards that they have to meet to be given nonprofit status & they have done so. Because this terrorist attack was indeed an act of violence, there are groups that are responding on this level. Some are for peace & against war, others aren't. You can't please everyone all of the time."

I questioned in my response the inclusion of these "charities" as unrelated to relief efforts, and she again responded. She stated that any non-profit could request inclusion on their website. I suggest some folks start contacting pro-2nd Amendment sites to be encouraged to be included. I know I am going to try.

gene

1 - 2 of 2 Posts