Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
howdy -

a couple of things regarding a couple of recent problems:

a) if you are having trouble with the "new" front page, we have deduced that it is probably due to your screen resolution settings. here is how to check. on your desktop, right click and choose "properties." from there, choose "settings, all the way over to the right. it will bring up your screen resolution settings. your resolution should be set on 1024x768, but 800x600 SHOULD also be acceptable. as far as i can tell, this will fix all the problems such as those like tikkabuck, mr. mom, cb900f and others have been having. keep me informed on this, ok?

b) bsb is running extremely slowly at the moment due to the fact that the people who agreed to host us until LaRRy gets settled in his new house have kicked us off. where we DID have a T1 pipe, we now have a 28.8k modem. LaRRy (actuall, his name is rob) is working hard to get his hiney to his new home and get us set up on broadband, and that will be THE END of our speed problems. in fact, after that, everything should go back to the way it was before he left colorado last month. he is trying hard to have everythng back to normal by the beginning of april.

these are our two big issues at the moment; other smaller issues will be resolved as soon as these two are. everything is working, it is just a little difficult for some members to navigate in, and it is unfortunately rather slow for ALL members!

i would take this opportunity to offer my apologies to all members for these SNAFUs, and want you to know that we are working night and day to try and resolve these issues. further, i want to thank ALL MEMBERS, new, old and in-between, for sticking with us on this one. it has been a big challenge for us, but an even bigger challenge for y'all. my appreciation is immeasurable, and if i could, i would shake the hand of each and every one of you at this moment.

any further questions, problems, comments or ideas can be communicated to me by replying to this thread, through email ([email protected]), or by PMing me.

on a side note, the baitshop boys would like to offer our most sincere thanks to our american and allied forces engaged in battle at this time. it is thanks to those forces that we can enjoy or freedoms, such as hanging out on the internet and communicating our ideas and knowledge to each other on forums such as this. many of our members are veterans, and i am proud to have you here. to all active, reserve, retired and discharged members of our armed forces, THANK YOU!

may god bless us all, and continue to bless our great nation,

ron

www.baitshopboys.com

www.baitshopboys.com/BSB.Forum

·
Banned
556 Posts
My buddy and I inflicit our prescence on the citizens of the high line every year. Roaming in search of the elusive and dangerous sharptail, pheasant and waterfowl. There are few enough birds to keep everyone elsewhere and enough to keep us happy. At night, we catch up on the Blue Ponies, Mustangs, Scotties and Wildcats (both Harlem and Plentywood).

When we started, locals kinda looked at us funny for going so far for birds. Now all the leases are bought up along the roads... :( But, we still do OK. ;)

Looks like you've had a really mild winter. Been colder here in NY than there!

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the birds are down a little bit, but it is still pretty good. if you hunt around chinook, you might find a few nice ones, but don't tell anyone i told you so!

a couple of good wet years and the numbers will be quite up there again, i will predict.

if you're ever headed up there, send an email, i'll try to meet up with you. i don't hunt birds (yet), but usually good bird country is also good whitetail country, depending on the season!

ron

·
Banned
556 Posts
Last year the dogs found most of the whitetail population decaying in the brush. Bad outbreak of blue tongue, I'm told. Mulies weren't much affected, though. Seem to be a lot more cats around, too.

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
charlie -

unfortunately, you are too right about the whitetail population. the mulies seem not to have suffered, and down here in lewistown, there are literally thousands of both, and even MORE antelope than that!

the brds down here are not so high the last few years due to lack of precipitation, but i think a good year or two will restore them to some pretty nice populations. this area is quite popular for all species of game hunting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts