Shooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the range yesterday with my Les Baer Concept VI (fullsize stainless). Hadn't shot it in quite awhile because I've been using my Kimber GM (series I). I usually don't shot much bench-rested 25 yd. stuff, but gave it a try this time. Off sandbags at a little over 25 yrds. I shot a 3/4" 3 shot group with the following load: Win 230 FMJ with 5 grns Bullseye in Rem. case with Rem. LP primer (1.255 oal). Now I'm a good pistol shot, but certainly not exceptional- it's the LBC that's exceptional. Makes my Kimber look sick! The Baer has a factory 2 3/4 lb. trigger which certainly helps. The other thing I like about the Baer is it's rock solid reliability no matter what mag or ammo. After about 1000 rounds the Baer is still tightly fitted. Wish I could make similar claims about the $1000 Kimber. I mean it's real dependable with ammo & mags that it likes, but can get downright finicky with stuff it doesn't like.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Les Baer report

Glad to hear the good report 1911WB, on your Les Baer. Seams all the reports are good on his guns. I have been considering a Bear TRS. Since I live in a remote area I have not been able to handle one yet, but next week I will be in Anchorage for my annual trip to town and hope to find one. I do own 4 kimbers and have been very happy with them. Thanks again, Byron

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ranuel Cayabyab said:
Its great to hear a good report about your Les Baer. How much did you buy it for?
I got mine about 5 years ago whne the list was $1599- I think it's more like $1699 now. But you can get other Baer models for about $1200 & up.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I recently bought an $1100 Kimber that has a bad trigger. Just before I bought it I was handling an $1800 Les Bauer that I told the clerk to put back into the case because my credit card was starting twitch in my wallet! ****, I'm starting to wish I 'd bought the Les Bauer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Walter Strong said:
I recently bought an $1100 Kimber that has a bad trigger. Just before I bought it I was handling an $1800 Les Bauer that I told the clerk to put back into the case because my credit card was starting twitch in my wallet! ****, I'm starting to wish I 'd bought the Les Bauer.
Walter, since it's the same dealer, maybe you can work something out if you'd still prefer the Baer. If, on the other hand, the only thing wrong with the Kimber is a too heavy trigger pull, a good 1911 smith can fix that quickly & cheaply. The thing I would want to make sure of is that the Kimber is reliable & accurate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok, I buy the last memo, so who would be a good smithy to change out triggers in a commander? Need a smithy between St.Louis and Memphis as close to I55 as possible. ... felix

1 - 7 of 7 Posts