Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great news my friends-My Tikka 30.06 came in today after three months of waiting. In Febuary I mentioned my purchase of the lite and I was told of the importance of a good pad for protection on my bum arm. I have tried to email the gentleman who suggested a Limbsaver but I never heard of the right or best type. I will need scope work done and would like to have the butt tended to before it gets to be season already. Does anyone have an idea for a good kick-reducer-a slip on or what? Thank you guys,
Sincerely,
Michael Sicowitz

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,268 Posts
I have a limbsaver on my 444 and it sure tames it down. Limbsaver may make a model for your rifle but if they don't you will have to have one fitted. Check Limbsavers website as they should have all their models listed. Or check Midwayusa.com or Brownells.com for listings. You will like the Tikka. I don't own one buy my hunting buddy swears by them and he is my hunting buddy because I trust him....

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
The limbsaver Pad # 10011 fits perfect, and takes a few seconds to put on as long as it is the Synthetic stock type . Hear the wooden stocks have glued on pads .
Sure you will agree it tames the reciol after you got it mounted .
Happy

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lucky me

Hi guys,
Thanks for the info on the pad. I had to get a Limbsaver that was a slipon. No one had model 100100 I believe it was so it turned out very well anyhow. The store where I had to pick up was new to me and now I'm sold on the place. It's Midwestern Shooting Supply in Lomira, Wi. They mounted and bore sighted a scope for free and upgraded my rings and mounts for Leupolds-they took the tikka's as a trade. In one day I got all the gunsmithing done, five boxes of 30.06 shells, and a smile on my face again. I almost bought a sled but don't really know enough about them. I wish I had a friend with one or even better would be the range to rent one out for an hour. Those are a bit on the heavy side for me. But I guess I'm happy without the sled for now. Besides, I think I spent enough for one day, but it sure feels good to wake up and have it all done. Now when this wind stops it's off to the range before an eleven day fishing trip in Northwest Wisconsin. Finally this blind squrrel found a nut. Thanks guys,
Sincerely,
Michael Sicowitz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts