Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.... and I'm looking at 13 does in my front yard. Not an antler to be seen. They moved up to the orchard but are still in plain view. Had seen an 8 pointer hanging close 3 days in a row but no sign of him now. One of the 4 point bucks we've seen got the bad end of a scrape and lost an antler. I probably won't see anything when I drag my butt out tomorrow but I will give it a try anyway.

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
That's a nice, husky deer there. I wish you luck chasing him in the morning AND the rest of your season. I used to hunt N.Y. back in the late 60s to late 70s before the Army took me away. Lots of good memories hunting there. I will be out for the rifle opener in Tn tomorrow morning and although I had planned to also be in Tn tomorrow afternoon, I'll be in Ky hunting instead so my 6 yr old Granddaughter can go with me.

Again, good luck to you and I hope you see his Big Brother too!:D:D

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We saw his big brother last year.

And his grandpa the year before but I don't have a picture of that one. It was the biggest deer with the biggest rack I have ever seen except on TV. He made this guy look small.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,724 Posts
Good luck to you!

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,267 Posts
I hope old mister buck happens by your stand on opening day. Nothing like starting the season off with a dandy. So far all I have seen is does and yearlings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts