Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So everyone knows it a crappy economy right now and I for sure am not immune. I have been looking for a job for the past 2 months and will hopefully be employed shortly. I sometimes think that my "Education" disqualifies me for many jobs because I'm over qualified with a 4 year college degree. Even though I'm unemployed I had a little saved up and am getting by.

Since I'm not working.... when I'm not looking for a job, which is a job, I find time to shoot! I have enough of a supply of shooting gear and rifles to be able to go out shoot a little and enjoy one of my hobbies. I know I could always be worse off, and many people have it tougher than I, but I'm glad that I have found a hobby that I can release a little steam and get a morality boost when I shoot a tight group, or just pull the trigger.

One thing I know, If i wasn't going out shooting in my hiatus of employment, I would go stir crazy sitting in the house all day looking for a job!

Just a little venting from a guy that has quite a bit of time on his hands!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm there; Doing that.
From the amount of company at the county range we're not alone.
Cast up a bunch for the -06 and 35 Remington.
If things were different I'd feel guilty about spending so much time out there.
I don't think it's going to change soon, but I'm mostly wrong my wife says.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Things are getting better in some areas...not so much in others.

I had to go back to truck driving...but that wasn't as bad as it sounds, I wanted to get back out here anyway.

I only gave it up because my wife wanted me to be around home for our young son...and I was, for 2 years.

I love my family...but a man has got to do what he is good at. I got laid off from my regular job back home...called Maverick and said I need my job back, they sent me a plane ticket to Little Rock and away I went.

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
I'm in the same boat there Spitfire. I've been keeping busy remodeling a friend's bathroom and I've had quite a few good interviews, hopefully something will turn up soon. I keep praying though, I know they will soon.

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
i hope it does for you matt..nows the time a man can fall back on other skills learned..what ever skills you have ..put them t work..
thats how i did pretty well all my life.. worked a reg job an ran a problem solvers buisiness on the side..it was daylight to dark ,,but i was happy..retiremnt due to loss of my shoulder strenth ,,was the hardest adjustment for me..slim
ps you let me know on our little deal ..they been gone several days now.. suppose to take about 6 days to arrive..:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts