Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda early in the year to post pics but the bucks are filling out.
The first pics are from a Moultrie cam and the other is from one of the Stealth cam that Jim Shockley advertizes/ Cabelas had a good price on them.
Out of 400 pics, no pigs! That's a good thing but it won't be long before they start coming in. I find it interesting but the bucks are always on the feeders that are full of Purina Antler Max, there's always more doe on the corn feeders. My Aggie theory is that the does need the fat from the corn for milk fat, and the bucks need the extra protein for antler growth. But sometimes, I think too much!
No big'uns yet
Good luck

Attachments

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,131 Posts
Don' recolleck ever seed bucks with tailfeathers now, Tom!

That a new North Texas breed, or what? :p

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,712 Posts
Dang, almost makes me want to go sit in the stand, even as hot as it is!

·
36,712 Posts
Good one, Tom! Yeah... with three sisters, I've seen some of that!!!! :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New pictures. Their horns are growing.
The dates are wrong on camera because I can't read the digital screen.
Still no pigs

Attachments

·
24,131 Posts
I'm going to get an antelope about that size, Tom - how 'bout you? :D

·
Premium Member
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, I'm ready. Talked to Hunter this morning, I told him to find a couple of 80 inchers

·
Registered
13 Posts
That was a good shot of the turkey! That's the closest I've been to one this year! :-(

·
Premium Member
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, the hogs are moving in. These pics came after I had already shot one about 200 yds away two days before. The grass is dying back so they start coming in to feeders. Also saw another group mid afternoon coming out of pasture. Think I'll go hunting this week-end with the new 257 Bob

Attachments

·
24,131 Posts
Save some for September, Tom!

·
Premium Member
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Save some for September, Tom!
Don"t worry, they increase in activity from here on out. My freezer is full, maybe Mike can kill some off that feeder.

·
36,712 Posts
Roger Wilco!!! :D I think I'll bring the Weatherby also and do some bullet testing :eek:

Eileen would like the spotted one!

·
Premium Member
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I went hunting Friday evening in 100+ degrees, with hopes of a long range shot on a hog with my new 257 Roberts.
Ended up hitting the varmint call once and this little coyote pup came up from behind me at about 7:00PM.
It doesn't speak well of my calling ability that this is what I ended up with. And a fifty yard shot on a 5 lb pup isn't much of a trophy but at least I blooded something with my new rifle.
If you guys ever saw, "The Bridge on the River Kwai", and remember the hot boxes that the Japs tortured our prisoners in, then you will wonder why a semi-sane man would sit in a box blind in this heat to kill a coyote.
I brought 6 water bottles and drank every one of them.
I guess we just like doing this stuff.

Attachments

·
24,131 Posts
A coyote is a coyote. No sense in letting it grow into a wily OLD coyote!

Might have to run a power line out there and put a window AC unit in, Tom! :D

·
36,712 Posts
Yeah youcan sweat off a few pounds in those things. Hard to drink enough cold beverages to stay hydrated - been there, done that!

:D

1 - 20 of 71 Posts