Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could I get some of you to give me your trail mix receipes?I want to jazz up the peanuts,raisins and M&M mix. Thanks

·
Beartooth Regular
2,160 Posts
If you are not going be in warm conditions I really like butterscotch chips in mine. Sunflower kernals are also good. I kind of mix different things to keep it from being to boring. But I love the butterscotch for sure! ID

·
Beartooth Regular
5,218 Posts
You can also add other dried fruit. We put bananna chips, apricots, etc... in ours. Sunflower seeds are good also. Experiment with a dehydrator and different fruits though, that really adds flavor to the mix.

On a side note, most folks take gorp as a "pick me up" while in the field. Lots of endurance runners and skiers have long packed the energy bars for the same purpose. Carbs are what is needed if eaten as a pick me up and I've found that regular old Fig Newtons are cheaper and contain as many or more complex and simple carbs than most energy bars. MetRx makes an energy bar that has really elevated my energy levels while in the field. Doing some the work this past summer, there were times when I was just "whupped" and didn't know if I was going to be able to make it through the day. I'd have a MetRx bar or Cliff bar or pack of Fig Newtons and be ready to tackle the world.

These really do work and might make the difference of climbing over that next ridge to spot game or not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts