Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally carry my Marlin to the range in a regular, soft sided rifle scabbard. According to our regional laws/ordinances, we are required to lock all firearms, transported in a vehicle, that are not directly in control of the owner. Hmmmm......this complicates things with a lever gun for sure! Is there a "reasonable" alternative device that can lock a lever gun? Outside of a large, expensive hard case is what I'm talking about. Or is that the only way? Thanks folks.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I don't know if a trigger lock would work, you would have to try, I never have.

What I suggest, is removing the lever, which would make the rifle inoperable.
It's only a one screw removal operation, on my Marlin.

You didn't mention what state, but, I would assume making a firearm inoperable would meet the safety standard of even the most infringing state in the Union. But, I could very well be wrong. You may want to check with your local constabulary.

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
10,826 Posts
Reactions: shooter444

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! BTW, I'm from MA.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The cable lock as pictured above are the go. Plenty of different manufacturers, good price and they will fit through
semi-auto shotguns and pistol also.
On my side of the world I use similar bike locks, to lock pistol and gun cases to t he vehicle.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys, I just found this one on eBay. Looks pretty interesting and not all that expensive. Made of plastic, it could certainly be broken off, but for compliance sake, I think this appears to be value-added. What do you think?

DAC Lever Hammer Lock

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
10,826 Posts
That should work quite well in my opinion.

RJ

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow! Those are even less expensive. Great find. Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts