Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help please, can someone give me a general ideal of the price of triggers jobs on a

Winchester Mod 70 (pre '64 action)
1911A1

???
Thanks all! th fish :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
tarheel catfish said:
Help please, can someone give me a general ideal of the price of triggers jobs on a

Winchester Mod 70 (pre '64 action)
1911A1

???
Thanks all! th fish :D

Fish,

I would give Dave Clements a call about the Model 70. Ive never had him do a rifle for me though, but iv'e heard his rifle work is as good as his revolver work.
http://www.clementscustomguns.com/

For the 1911, Teddy Jacobson hands down. He has done several of my pistols and the work is top shelf. He's not really a gunsmith per-say, but he know triggers and actions like no other. http://www.actionsbyt.com/

·
Registered
61 Posts
Fish,

I just re-read your post. My bad, I jumped the gun so to speak on that one. You wanted prices. Im not sure as to the Model 70, but for pistols, quality action work can anywhere from $80-$150, depends on who you send it to.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,234 Posts
About 6 bucks for the Winchester. You need two small, thin, quarter-inch wrenches to adjust the trigger for pull weight.

Find something that weighs about 3 pounds (at the time I did mine I had some 2.5Kg weights which are about 2.75 pounds, I think). Hang the 3lb. weight on the trigger with a string, and adjust so it will hold the weight without tripping, but trips when you just barely touch it. Two 12 oz. bottles of beer is about 2.5 lbs, when you count the weight of the glass, and that's not bad for warm-weather hunting.

As far as sear engagement and creep, I could not honestly ask for more improvement on a hunting rifle once the pull weight was set. Have done this on at least 3 Winchesters that I can recall.

No idea on the 1911.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree with MikeG. I have never done work on winchesters but with my remingtons, it costs me nothing. if you are weary about doing your own trigger adjusting search the net. you can find many diffrent site that will not lead you wrong. Try www.snipersparadise.com. I have gotten a lot of information from them.

·
Banned
7 Posts
RSE CUSTOM GUNS can totally rework both these guns for you for around $100.00........ While the above post are partically accurate concerning the Model 70 Winschester, simply adjusting the trigger screws do not always give you a crisp release.... We at RSE would disassemble your trigger, fit and polish the sear and trigger, and set the gun up safely for you..... The 45 would also be totally gone through to ensure a "perfectly" setup trigger and action job.........if we can help let us know........

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,234 Posts
That's a very reasonable price for quality work. If you had a shop within driving distance.... I'd show up next week with an armload of guns!!!!

The UPS guy delivered a rifle to my neighbors once, although I discovered it before they did. Not really keen on having one shipped at this point....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts