Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my first trip to the rifle range in years, today and boy was it fun. My .270 A-bolt ll CS, opened with a sub 3/4 inch group at 11 o'clock, high about 3 inches at 100 yards. Made an adjustment on my old 3x9x50 scope and went to 1 o'clock high about 3 inches about 1 1/4 inch group. Made adjustment in the Boss and scope, Bingo, 2 inches hugh at 12 o'clock. Sub 1 inch. Love this rifle.

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Range time is my therapy... I used to joke about it but sometimes people take that too seriously...

·
Registered
930 Posts
A few years back on a cold but still Saturday in February I took two buddies and their guns to the range for a day. One of the guys had a couple black guns, the other had some cowboy Action revolvers and lever guns, plus a couple auto load handguns, and I had a couple bolt action deer rifles, a percussion cap 50 cal mountain rifle, and a 22. Swear we were there for 5 or 6 hours just having a blast.

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
In college, a bunch of friends and I would go up to the public range and shoot everything we could afford to shoot. It was not difficult to be there for 3-5 hours, just having fun.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
:( you guys are killin me, I want to burn some powder so bad, but winter has it's icy grip on my shootin spots, and i must be a pansy. You're gonna force me to man up,get the tire chains on the 4wd, load up some guns in the truck and then-------------MY WIFE WILL CATCH ME AND KILL ME(she thinks I'm sick)! I hope you're happy now;)

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
:( you guys are killin me, I want to burn some powder so bad, but winter has it's icy grip on my shootin spots, and i must be a pansy. You're gonna force me to man up,get the tire chains on the 4wd, load up some guns in the truck and then-------------MY WIFE WILL CATCH ME AND KILL ME(she thinks I'm sick)! I hope you're happy now;)

I know the feeling about the cold. The sad part is, I have a 100 yard range in my back yard, and my shooting bench is 20 yards from the deck.

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
i can only imagine tang.. 20 yrds from the bench an still inaccessable..
like i said i can only imagine conditions like that. it got to 14 here in new london n.c., night before last an a hot water pipe froze but luckyly,, didn t burst.. went under the house an heating lamp was out..oh well i got lucky i guess..slim
ps i know hes a looking after this ole coot..

·
Banned
170 Posts
My range and shooting bench is only 30 yards from my house. If it is raining or cold I go to the second floor of the barn and shoot out the window.That is why I never have powder or bullets in stock. I cant stop shooting all my ammo. Its so much fun shooting the only time I do not shoot is November during the Firearms deer season. It cost me a lot of money having a nice back yard not even counting the taxes.

AL

·
Registered
409 Posts
I know the feeling about the cold. The sad part is, I have a 100 yard range in my back yard, and my shooting bench is 20 yards from the deck.
You guys that have the option to shoot at home have no idea how lucky you are. I have had it in the past and currently do not. Man I miss that!!!:mad:

·
Registered
409 Posts
I get to shoot out of the gunsmiths shop window at his range in a heated room when I get out there usually every weekend or so.
Spitfire, that stinks that you have to expose yourself to the elements all the way to those targets. Isn't there any way you can build an enclosed hallway out to those targets to keep you warm and dry? I feel sorry for you man. :p

·
Registered
610 Posts
Spitfire, that stinks that you have to expose yourself to the elements all the way to those targets. Isn't there any way you can build an enclosed hallway out to those targets to keep you warm and dry? I feel sorry for you man. :p
That's quite a bit of work to walk out there unless I shoot a great group, or have to put up new targets for the smith. I like your line of thinking though. It was about 7 degrees F the other day too.:D

·
Premium Member
2,775 Posts
Tang
I get the idea you are sold on Zeiss. I am too, best low light hunting scope I have ever used.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have plans on building a 100 yard "Burried" range when I decide to buy or build a house. Unless I get a place out in the country then it would be easy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts