Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just tried to mount the ML-12-05 on my new 1894 Marlin. The screw hole spacing for the front ramp was right but the back of the ramp hits the  front barrel band. I've got a note into Bo Wallace for help. I don't recall this problem being discussed before but I could have missed it. Kind of disipointing. I may try to sight it in tomorrow with the bead that's on it. The receiver part fits fine.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Chief:

Mine fits fine. Can you slip the band back a little? Believe me, that AO front sight makes all the difference in rapid target acquisition.

·
Beartooth Regular
2,139 Posts
Chief RID,
    Did you get your sight system worked out yet? I've been looking forward to hearing about your results and opinions.             IDShooter

<!--EDIT|IDShooter|June 10 2002,22:02-->

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got a reply from Bo Wallace at Ashley. Seems marlin mis-drilled about 1500 barrels with the barrel band .220 to far forward. I got one. Well he has a fix already and I am returning my front for the replacement.

I guess we will have to wait a while to try things out but I will probably shoot it tomorrow with the stock front bead. I'll report tomorrow evening.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I tried the peep out without the front sight. The bead looked good but at 80 yds. I could not get on the paper. Moved up to 10 yds and it placed them two inches high. Thought this ought to be good back at 80 but not. I had the thing screwed completely down. I think it was still hitting high but can't be sure. I will probably wait until the front post gets here to try again. I will probably go with the smaller apeture fron the bench for sighting also and then put the bigger one back on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Chief RID, Don't feel bad I had the same problem last year. They will make it right, and it's well worth the wait!           God Bless  Hippie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts