Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there has to be more folks like me out there who keep a shooting iron in their rig at all times. Mine is a Rem Model 760 Game Master in 30'06. She's a little beat up, but she still shoots better'n I do. I shoot 165's and 180's through it, serves as a General Purpose hole poker.

·
Beartooth Regular
2,140 Posts
Heck Beeman, that rifle's not beat up at all! When the wood looks like an old grey fence post and is taped together, and the metal looks like pewter, THEN it'll be beat up!
     As far as a truck gun, I've never hunted trucks. I did, however, once shoot clear through an abandoned engine block with a 35 Rem. Your additional firepower should be just the ticket for the whole truck!

(Sorry, couldn't resist!! :biggrin:)   ID  

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rest assured I only hunt chevy's. Haven't harvested one yet, but I'm still looking. Thinking of retiring her to cabinet status and bringing up a lever action in 45 Colt or 44 Magnum with a corresponding side arm, put more excitement in Truck hunting, who knows maybe even get drawn for a feral Al quieda permit.

·
Registered
287 Posts
beeman- When you do shoot that chevy, be certain to share the story with us. Make sure you get one with big horns!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
IDShooter said:
Heck Beeman, that rifle's not beat up at all! When the wood looks like an old grey fence post and is taped together, and the metal looks like pewter, THEN it'll be beat up!
As far as a truck gun, I've never hunted trucks. I did, however, once shoot clear through an abandoned engine block with a 35 Rem. Your additional firepower should be just the ticket for the whole truck!

(Sorry, couldn't resist!! :biggrin:) ID
I shot thru a manifold with a 12 ga slug one time. Put a hole the size of a silver dollar in there.

Walter30-06:cool:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Doesn't the truck's owner get somewhat upset? And what if they shoot back? People have a right to self defense you know? 'Dito

·
Registered
56 Posts
beeman said:
Rest assured I only hunt chevy's.
Although a Chevy can be taken down, I suggest you start out by hunting Dodge's. They are far easier game to hunt. If you do manage to see a Dodge, stay with it, and you'll definitely get it.

After all, everyone knows a Dodge won't run very long!

·
Banned
432 Posts
Aye! By crackey I've been hunting the elusive hybrid El Camino in the hills of West Virginia. She's a firery lil' bugger.

·
Banned
1,002 Posts
Had a friend at work accidently shoot his truck while deer hunting a couple of years ago. Within the week, cartoons were popping up on all the bulletin boards. I never found out who the artist was - but he was good! Cartoon showed Donnie with his rifle standing next to his truck. The truck had a bullet hole in its side and one through a tire. The tire was flat and oil was leaking on the ground from the other hole. Donnie's hunting buddy was standing next to him commenting that "That's a real fine 6 cylinder you got there but think I'd hold out for one of those trophy 8 or 10 cylinders".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts