Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends All...Many of you know I, and others, have been involved in testing various hard cast bullets in actual game killing situations for some three years now. I have used two rifles in these tests, my Marlin 1894P and a Ruger 77/44. This post is aimed at addressing some of the problems in the 77/44. I have addressed these problems in the "Gunsmithing" section.

·
Registered
162 Posts
77/44

Haven't shot any game with it yet, but my 77/44 w/310 gr lee, over a stiff charge of 2400 shoots very very well and holds to 3" or less with open sights at 100. With that big flat nose, can't think of any reason that it would not be excellent on game. Will be interested in follow on threads.
Paul

·
Beartooth Regular
7,768 Posts
Hi, Gents:
Mr. Gates article is in the Gunsmithing Forum now. It looks like the automatic censor hit it too. We'll see if we can fix that.

Bye
Jack

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Oh Well! I don't know what am Automatic Censor is and maybe in my old age I went down a stuck in in the wrong catagory! Anyway, JCG

(There, I have removed the dots before my name & now the censor should be happy!)

·
Registered
156 Posts
I know that this is a blast from the past, but... Can anyone point me to the thread of discussion here on tuning the 77/44.

I always seem to be late in these discussions. But I just got a new 77/44 with the synthetic camo stock and stainless barrel.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,021 Posts
Yes - if you scroll down to the bottom of this page to the "Similar Threads" section and click on the thread of interest by Mr. Gates, you will find the info.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I assumed since he originally intended to post to the gunsmith section that the subject would be on modification to the gun and not load or bullet development. I see nothing of that topic below.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,441 Posts
If it wasn't made a 'sticky,' you may have to do a little searching for it......

We've also changed forum software a time or two. If you can't find it, see if you can contact Mr. Gates over at the Dixie Slugs forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts