Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
"Bad Joke Friday" Dan (moderator emeritus)
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
More people (U.K.) killed with knive than gun

Interesting quote for a former U.K. police chief constable when interviewed about the killing of a police officer:

"He added: "Knives are of course a greater threat to police officers and indeed to all of us than illicit guns. Far more people are killed with knives than guns.

"Terrorists clearly have a fondness for knives -- for example the situation with al Qaeda hijackers or the culture of knives in Africa."

·
Banned
738 Posts
"He added: "Knives are of course a greater threat to police officers and indeed to all of us than illicit guns. Far more people are killed with knives than guns.
If they feel this way in the UK then why haven't they licensed, registered, and confiscated all the knives???

Shurly a great threat like this disearves the most attention.

:confused:

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,321 Posts
Actually, I believe that carrying any sort of pocketknife is now illegal in the U.K. Read that somewhere a while back. Perhaps Englander can weigh in on this one.

Obviously the prohibition is working....

·
Registered
268 Posts
Mike~

To the best of my knowledge you can carry a folding No-locking Non-fixed blade penknife with a blade under 3".....Although it would depend on were you were carrying it !

Other knifes can be carried only if you are using using them for a specific purpose ie. large sheath knife or 5" lock knife on the way fishing or deer stalking......... I normally carry a 5" lock knife when stalking or bunny bashing.

Stopped in the pub or other such places you would have plenty of explaining to do !

Im amazing you are not using plastic knife and forks or even chop sticks !
Oh hang on you could stab some one with a chop stick ! better ban them too !;)

Englander

·
Registered
360 Posts
I sure hope the British soldiers carry more than a knife to a gun fight in Iraq. Thanks for sticking by US.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts