Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if our military is still using the model 92, or have they decided on a replacement? I collect military firearms and would really like to find a U.S. Property marked Beretta for my collection because my 1911's are feeling a little smug!

·
Banned
442 Posts
The military is still using the M9 along with a few other models. HOWEVER your 1911's can keep being smug because the US government wont release for civilian sales any handguns according to all I have heard from the Civial Marksmanship Org. If you find one for sale with US property markings then it was probably stolen.

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Remchester is right, the CMP has no plans to sell any handguns or fully automatic rifles, although they have thousands of 1911s and M14s on hand. Any US marked M9 would be stolen.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Not nessesary, Beretta did market a 92SF with the M9 markings, however not with the US Property markings. You can get closer but not to close. Newest US pistol is the M9A1 (rail under dust cover).

CD

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I only started thinking about it when I saw one for sale that was a Police trade-in marked St.Charles Parish Sheriff's Office on the slide. Maybe an M14 sounds better anyway!

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
You'll run into the same problem with the M14 as ATF classify's those as machine guns.

CD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts