Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy's had these at my LGS. Could not pass them up. Sighted them in and both shot really well with Cowboy loads. Love shooting both of these. I looked at the Uberti vs. Beretta 45 Colt revolvers. I really liked that the Beretta had the transfer bar and no Beasley grip frame. They were both really nice but the Beretta won me over. Plus the Beretta is not as common as the Uberti and it's made to Beretta specifications.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks nice. I like the stand. I’ve been looking for a 1873 in a 20 inch octagonal barrel in .375 and there aren’t any locally or online. I don’t know if it’s because of Christmas or COVID. I’m going to call Cimarron in the morning and see what they say.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Winter Ranger,
Did you mean .375 H&H or did you mean .357 ? There is some .357 on GunBroker I believe.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shiloh1944,
Thanks, I wonder why Beretta quit selling this revolver. I like that they have the safety transfer bar in their model.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Shiloh1944,
Thanks, I wonder why Beretta quit selling this revolver. I like that they have the safety transfer bar in their model.
Is it roll marked Beretta or Stoeger on the barrel? I have one that is roll marked Stoeger, but it has the floating firing pin and the four clicks.

Most single action enthusiasts (die hards for some of us) prefer the fixed or floating firing pin with a four click hammer. That being said there are a lot of Ruger Vaqueros being used in cowboy action shooting, and they are very solid reliable revolvers. Most new Uberti's now have a safety retractable firing pin and a three click hammer. I believe only the models using the old black powder frames still have the older floating firing pin and four click hammer.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is rollmarked Beretta on the barrel. It has the three click hammer and has the safety transfer block where the trigger has to be pulled to allow the hammer to hit the firing pin. That is the reason I bought it over the Uberti they had next to it. The Uberti was $100 less than this Beretta. Plus Beretta is not making them any more, or I should say Uberti is not making them under the Beretta name anymore. I did have to fit the plastic Beretta grips to the frame, they over hung so bad that you could feel them sharp edges as you gripped the revolver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts