Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my fathers day gift yesterday (no pic's yet). 7.5" Uberti SAA in .38-40, blue CCH. This is now the 3rd Uberti in a row with an absolutely amazing trigger right out of the box. How amazing? As in, as good as my pre-war Colt Officers Target's single action pull. Not sure what's going on at Uberti, but they're SERIOUSLY doing something right in the trigger department.

And there's actually a 4th. My son's 3 click Uberti finally didn't appreciate high volumes of black powder blanks that he uses in his show. Fouling managed to creep behind the firing pin and clog up the channel that leads to the trigger. I can't imagine this would ever happen with smokeless ammo, and it took a full year of BP blanks to finally slow it down. And even then, it just slowed it down not kill it. So I decided to just convert his revolver to the original Colt design, which we know works perfectly with black powder. So I dropped in a 4 click Uberti hammer and trigger, and without touching anything, he has a perfectly crisp 2.9lb trigger pull; simply amazing to this gunsmith who has to bust arse to get that with a stone.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts