Shooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Maybe the members of the public who complained would feel better protected if they carried water balloons and spit balls. I don't think the brave Tommies who laid down their lives for that same public while toting around heavy Enfields would be at all impressed.

·
Registered
307 Posts
but theyre allowed to march like the SS?

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
So according to the good Major, if these cadets are "not really soldiers", why then should anyone expect them to adhere to military standards? With "leaders" like this, we'll be going over there again someday to bail them out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
british cadets can't carry rifles.

the british have gone looney tunes. there is no hope left for them.

Cheers & Tighter Groups: Eaglesnester

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't see what's funny here. To me, this is more scary in that the military who protect these people might actually "scare" the citizens by being armed in a memorial pararde.

·
Registered
13,291 Posts
Another shining example of the Nanny State Great Britain has become. It's no wonder al qaeda is targeting Europe, what with the French surrendering when a bottle rocket goes off and the Brit's not allowing even ARMY cadets to carry a rifle in public. I wish I had some notion of what it's going to take to get people to wake up, but when you see stuff like this, you almost feel like the situation is hopeless.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,657 Posts
Sad to say we may not be much better. I recall a newspaper article on a U.S. soldier, carrying an M16 AND a bayonet, not being allowed aboard a plane until his "dangerous" swiss army knife was put in checked baggage.

Sad......

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is so typical of what goes on in England now. My Grandfather who fought in the 1st world war, would turn over in his grave at the state England is in now. The goverment just rolls over and lets its belly be tickled, by whichever minority shouts louder. Its a good job its an island, as at least it keeps the scum in the same place.

·
Registered
13,291 Posts
Two mod's have "Locked" this thread...but it's still open?

I guess it should be locked, since there just isn't anything funny about the story, IMHO.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,657 Posts
Ken locked it (I think), but I don't know how it got unlocked? I didn't unlock it to reply as I don't have to.

Who knows.... ?

I don't see any other mod's posting, so ..... I guess we'll leave it open for now. As long as it doesn't go down the drain......

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,113 Posts
I locked it both times, then thought better of it and decided to remove my posts and move this to the Military News forum. Guess it can stay here until someone else wearies of it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts