Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,643 Posts
Midway says they won't have them until January 8th, 2010. So maybe nobody does yet? A lot of folks do it in Harbor Freight ultrasonics and on up. I've always found it slow going with standard ultrasonic detergent solutions in my 2 1/2 gallon Bransonic unit. It works if I go to a pretty strong cleaning solution of the sort that would ultimately clean the cases with or without the ultrasonic waves anyway. 50% vinegar, for example, 5% citric acid plus a couple of drops of dishwashing liquid, or diluted Iosso Case Cleaning solution. But I never really undertook to figure out the truly best solution to use.

Another approach is to pre-soften carbon in Ed's Red or Gunzilla, then conventional ultrasonic TSP solutions do pretty well on the brass. A couple of follow-up ultrasonic water rinse followed by running water are in order, followed by a shake-out and dry.

The thing I'll be interested to try is Hornady's solution in my machine. They may have been able to fund enough work on that to get to a better compromise than I found.

Reactions: Ccctennis

·
Banned
863 Posts
"You can get a 2.5 liter 160 watt unit at Harbor Freight for $79.99."

Or get it on sale at $59.99. And then use a 20% off coupon, as I did.

Got mine for cleaning mechanical stuff (small carborators and handguns) and it does good work. But have played with it using several solutions for cases. Plan white vinegar seemed best. But, I really don't think cases need or even benefit from the ultrasonics. ??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts