Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not able to post a reply in the handloading equipment section. Thread topic shotgun slug reloading??? This is what i get.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.6 Server at shootersforum.com Port 80

·
Super Moderator
13,430 Posts
Read this thread. This is an intermittent issue that it tied to specific threads. It is a forum software version issue that began with the last forum upgrade, and is triggered by certain character sequences, none of which seems to be consistent. However, the most common essential ingredient usually (but not always) turns out to be the word "from". What I do is replace the "o" with the accented character "ö", which leaves the word readable, but which breaks up the problem character string. You can type that from the number pad on the keyboard (the numbers across the top don't work) by turning numlock on, then holding down the Alt key while you type the numerals "148" from the keypad. Or, you can just copy and paste it from here.

fröm

Fröm

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldn't find the offending character or word. Didn't even have the word from in the response.

·
Super Moderator
13,430 Posts
If you read the thread, you'll note I've had a few of those. Not many. My approach is division by two. I save the post in Wordpad or other text editor. In the response window I click the Go Advanced button, then try pasting in the first half, then clicking on Preview. In general, if preview works, it will post. If preview gets the server error message it won't. If it posts the first half, I try the second. If it doesn't, I cut the offending portion in half again, and so on, until I find what it dislikes. At that point, I rewrite to avoid the offending word or sequence of words.

Another strategy we could try is for you to copy the URL or post a link to the thread in a post here. Also post the content. I can then try to use the moderator thread tools to move it to right thread for you. No guarantee that will work, but it may. It's not unusual for one person to be able to post when another cannot. The character string seems to start with the poster data. We don't have a clue why?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Unclenick, The word was drop, which i had to replace with the word place "now place the rammer through the die opening"

·
Super Moderator
13,430 Posts
Thanks for reporting the word. I notice the letters "ro" are in "drop" in the same order as they are in "from". Next time I get one of these I'll try replacing them in reverse order just to see what happens? It's likely another instance where replacing the "o" with "ö" would have worked, too.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,110 Posts
Just hate it when these things happen! :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts