Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,939 Posts
I'd say there is more work to be done.
Doesn't armor piercing already go though sandbags, body armor and 2cm of steel?

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
11,601 Posts
Hard to justify them for prairie dogs, there's not much water where they are. I guess I could don scuba gear and hide in a stock tank?

RJ

Reactions: MZ5 and Darkker

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
8,980 Posts
Super, or Hyper cavitation ammo is neat. :) However it isn't a new thing, and SOCOM weren't the folks who did the developing; they're just the folks who's face goes on the poster for the public's sake. ;)

I know of several companies who were all working on, and had various levels of functional hyper-cavitation ammo; within the past 10+ years. One company in particular, was working on 9mm ammo for the Seals. Trying to give them a less intimate working distance, for some "ambitious" sharks.:D

Cheers

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just for entertainment.....A recently retired Navy photographer has a YouTube channel called **Smarter Every Day.** He specialized in high speed photography for the observation of high speed events in slow motion. Example: he put an AK 47 in a swimming pool.

Before he retired, a ranking officer asked him if he would like to film his last assignment, and said it could be released to the public. His last assignment was to record part of a recent RIMPAC exercise, where air sea and land forces from the US, Japan, South Korea and Australia conducted live fire drills. The focus was to train international forces (allies?) to coordinate surveillance targeting and attack.

The video **The future of war and how it affect you** shows slow motion video of the target ship USS Racine being hit by anti-ship missiles and a torpedo. The photographer and the ranking officer then discuss the state of affairs in the US military, and why the video was released.

He has made videos entitled **Cannon shockwaves in ultra slow motion,** and **See through suppressor in super slow motion,** Etc.

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
8,980 Posts
A recently retired Navy photographer has a YouTube channel called **Smarter Every Day.** He specialized in high speed photography for the observation of high speed events in slow motion.

Destin is an engineer, and a former ballistic missile flight test engineer at Redstone. What that means is he was a civilian engineer, working for the army, not the Navy.
His various YouTube channels are interesting indeed, warped perspective is who he collaborated with for the see-through suppressor.

Cheers

Reactions: JBelk

·
Premium Member
15,960 Posts
I still think the backwards bicycle is the best, but cannon fire at night in slow motion is good too.
He's one of the very best 'teachers' on the internet, IMO.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Those would be good for underwater skunk hunting

1 - 10 of 10 Posts