Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all...

Just thought I'd give an update on my Ruger .44 carbine.
It arrived safe & sound & I finally got a chance to shoot it this past weekend.

WOW!

WHAT A FUN GUN!

I went through a box of 50 American Eagle 240gr jhp at a nearby indoor range. My shoulder definitely showed signs of wear when all was said & done & I'm still a bit sore.
But again, it was tons of fun. I'm very glad I got this baby.

Now some questions:

1. SLING
This gun is sling-ready, in that it has the 'nubs' or whatever you call them already in place. I just need some kind of quick attach sling swivels. THE PROBLEM I seem to be encountering is that a cotton 'Garand' type sling would look best, I think.......however, most of these I'm seeing are 1.25"....whereas most sling swivels for the Ruger seem to be of the 1" variety.
Anyone have any advice here?

2. SIGHTS
No real complaints with the stock sights, I certainly hit what I aimed at, but I'm considering putting on a set of Williams 'fire sights' (red in the front, green on the rear). Anyone have any experience with these?

Thanks!

TM

·
Registered
13,141 Posts
I have a set of fire sights on a Model '92 and they work quite a bit better than the factory sights, especially in low-light conditions.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
The sling swivel studs are most likely compatible with Uncle Mike's QD sling swivels. The Ruger factory sling swivel studs are, anyway. Uncle Mike's (and others) make sling swivels in 1 inch and 1 1/4 inch (maybe 1.5 inches, too). So, what you need to do is get the right width sling swivel.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I put a firesight on the front and an aperture sight on the rear of my Marlin .44 mag myself with no problem. If you reload try Marshall's 250gr bullets, they outshoot the commercial bullets in my rifle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.