Shooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,

I picked up a shotgun last year that I'm looking for more information on. It says US Arms Co on the side and is a double barrel rabbit eared 12 gauge.

I have done the normal Google searching and stuff and only found one page about the company and nothing about the shotgun itself. The site I found said that US Arms Co only existed for a few years in the 1870, 80s and that it was different from US Firearms Company.

I'm not specifically looking for value, although, if you've seen some of these sell or bought any, I'd be interested to know how much.

I'm more just looking for more information on it, so anything you have to offer will be appreciated.

I'd like to upload some pictures for you, but I can't seem to figure out how.

·
Registered
865 Posts
White line buttplate, that's a replacement. Can't really tell from photos, but I think I see a Damascus pattern in the barrels. Also, the chambers are most likely 2 and 1/2". At any rate, I would not advise shooting the piece, just remove the firing pins and hang on the wall. Goatwhiskers

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Goatwhiskers, the barrel reads "Genuine Armory Steel" which I did a bit of research on. It was said that the manufacturer put it there to tell people it wasn't a Damascus barrel. Anyway, it's not like it's going to become my next hunting shotgun.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Jrp1416

U.S. Arms Co is a "Trade Brand Name" shotgun made by Crescent Arms.

Crescent Fire Arms Company (of Norwich,CT) was a large maker of these type of shotguns. It is reported that they made over 2,000,000 shotguns using over 400 different known names.

Search for Crescent Fire Arms and you can find quite a bit of information regarding your shotgun.

My father passed one on to my younger brother and we shoot it with approperiate loads (2 9/16 inch chamber, low shot weight, and low pressure loads only).

·
Registered
865 Posts
Well there you go, Jrp. Photo fooled me, nothing new there, the old gun appears overall to be in pretty good condition. With steel barrels, why not get some light loads and try it. Goat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.