Shooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any issues with shooting targets attached to a blue plastic 55 gallon empty drum ??

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
10,433 Posts
This was asked before, but no, makes the big blue plastic drums worthless though. If they're not already full of holes, they are worth $35-50 depending, that's more ammo for me.

Plywood is better or a cardboard box.

RJ

·
Registered
573 Posts
After elections I go around the neighbor hood looking for large Political signs that have a metal frame and corrugated plastic sign...perfect for taping on targets . You push them into the ground with your foot , they are light weight .
I tape targets on them , go to the range , stick 3-4 into the ground , shoot and pick them up when I'm done .

They make much better target holders and...get this...They are FREE !!!

Gary

·
The Shadow (Super Mod)
7,144 Posts
We have some stuff at work that come in them, can't be refilled. So as part of the triple-rinse protocol, before recycling they need to be "made unable to be used for potable water". Ergo, they become targets:D

Cheers

·
The Shadow (Super Mod)
7,144 Posts
Stainless steel;)

Reactions: Darin115

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Here in the southern Ozarks I can get the blue drums for about $20.

What do others do when the end of the drum is shot up. Can it be patched, etc. ? When the weather clears up I intend to get a 3 barrel drum rack and fill some barrels with rubber mulch so I don't need to walk to the barrels as often to change targets..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Realestate push in the ground yard and side of the road signs make excellent range target holders. Just tape your paper target to the plastic sign

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you’ve got an a bunch of free ones bullets don’t care but what we do is buy that orange construction netting. Drop some 4x4 in the ground and string the netting across. Works well. You wind up with a center hole where all the bullets go but the rest of the net holds together. We use all kinds of cardboard to hang targets on it or in some cases the targets directly to it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
After elections I go around the neighbor hood looking for large Political signs that have a metal frame and corrugated plastic sign...perfect for taping on targets . You push them into the ground with your foot , they are light weight .
I tape targets on them , go to the range , stick 3-4 into the ground , shoot and pick them up when I'm done .

Gary
irionically if the politician is NON WHITE, or "alphabet group" or liberal, you can get hit with a hate crime charge for shooting that campaign sight up

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
If the drums are filled with the shredded rubber landscape mulch they capture the bullets. That allows us cast bullet shooters to recycle the lead something that is not practical shooting political signs or netting. Except for the entry holes the barrels are usually unaffected. If the entry side gets too shot up put a piece of plastic or plywood over the holes to hold the paper targets and keep shooting.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts

Gary
Perhaps the only useful thing most politicians provide.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,772 Posts
Let's keep political discussions off the board, please.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts