Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats a NIB 94AE Legacy in 30-30 worth? What does the AE stand for?
Guy is asking $500 for it. Thanks Bob

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey Bob

I believe it stands for Angle Eject...where as the spent case is ejected out the side of your rifle, instead of the top.

Mark

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
you can mount a scope ona 94AE, it still ejects out the top, but it comes out at an angle. I like mine, has a 16 inch barrel, with an overall length of just under 33 inches, and a 7 round capacity. Its as close to ideal as i can come up with for PNW blacktails.

Btw i dont really think his asking price is reasonable, mine was about 300 bucks bran new 10 years ago.

·
Banned
421 Posts
The way Winchesters are selling since they closed the plant is crazy IMO, but I believe what he is asking is not out of line for a NIB rifle. Personally,I don't like the AE, but that's a matter of taste. They work just as well as the top eject, and by that time they were putting out a well made product again. From 1964 through about the mid-70's quality suffered a lot, but they improved from that point up until they closed.
Anyway, I would probably pay the $500 for a NIB model 94. YMMV.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts

His asking price is a little out of line. It's too low, they go for around $600 to $700 for the Legacy NIB. The Legacy model (pistol grip) is not that common.

·
Banned
153 Posts
Yes you are indeed true based upon recent auctions of that particular model, but i don't believe it's sustainable. Values actually have started to come down in the past 6 months. If your friend is willing to sell at 500 then you are probably safe, but at 6 or 7, you would have a hard time reselling in a couple years if that is your desire. Keep in mind that 4 years ago, these were selling for 350 range regularly.

·
Banned
167 Posts
The Legacy is the hardest to find of the 94AE's. Unfortunately, the $500 price tag is not out of line with what I'm seeing around here at all. Locally, it seems that all 94's recently took another jump in price. I want another good 30-30 ( I have a pre 64) so I've been keeping an eye on the ones around here. These days I regularly see really clean 94AE's, and Pre 64's over $500............ $525 seems common for nice ones. I've seen two so far with "bumpy" bores. Iti is a bit weird, and I'm sure not sure what might have caused it so keep an eye out for that. I actually bought one of them. The bore was a bit dirty, and I didn't see it, but it didn't shoot very well. It's gone to a better home now.

·
Banned
153 Posts
NHLever

Let me know exactly what you're looking for as we probably can help you out. Most are NIB in AE and TE versions. Will give a fair deal....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts