Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I assume there are some .35 cal guys out there who can provide some input here. They seem to be a strong willed bunch;-) I have a Ruger M77 Mk II in .350 Rem Mag that is in excellent shape. It's had 20 rounds fired through it total. Never been hunted. Ruger integral rings. It has 1-12" twist (the Remingtons had 1-16"). Very well balanced rifle.

It's sat in a dehumidified safe for the last 8 or 10 years. I have dies, 200 pieces of mostly once fired or new brass, and 140 Hornady and Sierra bullets. Even a pound of SR 4759 that is said to be good for reduced loads, plinking, and fire forming in this caliber.

I just don't have time to hand load much anymore and the gun is as close to NIB as you'll find. Once I start shooting and hunting it, of course the value will go down. Any common sense ranges on what this firearm would be worth? I'm not looking to make a mint, but these are somewhat rare so I'm not going to sell it for what a M77 .30-06 would go for.

Thank for any input.

·
The Shadow (Super Mod)
7,304 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Darker, been away a bit, but not sure how I'm a newbie with 2900 posts. Is the rifle forum not correct for this question? Just looking for some help on valuing this rifle.

Thx

·
The Shadow (Super Mod)
7,304 Posts

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
I'm not sure if this will help, but here goes. I sold the same rifle M77 MKII in .350RM in as new condition in 2016 for $700. I also, just recently, sold a like new Rem M673 in .350RM to a good friend for $950. I'd say that the 673 might be slightly more valuable than a M77, while both are quite rare today in MINT cond. I had a good supply of ammo available to also sell to my Buddy and he purchased it and my new brass too (at additional cost). I'd look to list the rifle you have just under $1,000 and see what kind of reaction you receive.

Ammo may be of concern to some prospective buyers who do not handload. If you'd like, I'd be happy to pass, via PM, a couple places with ammo available now for the .350. Just shoot me a PM. I don't put hard to find ammo deals on open forum here due to the VERY large amount of unregistered readers here. I prefer to pass such info to members only.

On a related note, I found a mint M600 in .350 yesterday for a very good price (IMHO). I'm now trying to figure if I "need" it now....LOL!

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Since we're talking about rare Ruger Model 77's, the rarest one I've seen was chambered for the .284 Winchester. Complete with open sights, and this was years & years ago, back in the early 1970's.

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
Since we're talking about rare Ruger Model 77's, the rarest one I've seen was chambered for the .284 Winchester. Complete with open sights, and this was years & years ago, back in the early 1970's.
I also had and sold one of those too. I purchased dirt cheap NIB a tang safety M77 .284. Yes, I did fire it, but couldn't bear to hunt it so I sold it a few years prior to the .350, also on GA. I got 2 1/2 times more than I'd paid about 2 yrs prior. Ammo had become a PITA to find when I sold it.
It sold for $1100, without the scope in 2014.

Attachments

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,123 Posts
There is a reason why there is fifteen posts a day on here, and twelve of them are made by mods. Maybe he will explain the reason, but he does not answer questions... Good luck on valuing your rifle.
thanks for jumping in and picking up the slack, lowball, and giving him an exact answer of what a rifle you've never seen before will be worth :rolleyes:

The answer is in Bob's "sticky" - it's worth what someone wants to pay. Checking the auction sites for similar guns is about the best possible answer.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks TN, that's the kind of common sense answer I was looking for. I'm not in a huge rush to sell, but my right shoulder has been acting up and I find myself shooting 7-08 and below more than anything anymore. Even went to a gas operated trap gun, which young and dumb me never would have done;-) It's definitely a handloader's cartridge. Since it doesn't require slow burning powders, I imagine I could find data to load down to something between .35 Rem and .358 levels and enjoy it. Just mulling over options. Your numbers pretty well confirm what I was thinking, I just didn't have the experience to know for sure (as you obviously do).

Reactions: Tnhunter

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
Something like the 225gr Sierra SPBT at 2500 FPS will kill like lightning. At least I think that the black bear I killed in Maine in 2015 with such a load (in a .358) likely thought that's what happened as I shot him as a big storm approached 😁

1 - 10 of 10 Posts