Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
im not the expert on bullets some here are but the design of it is facinating to me..unlike any ive seen.. i almost understand how it achieves the results ive seen from it use..speer -gold dot.. i ll never grasp what you have achieved ..but an ruger representative recently told me it matches the
energy of the 38 cali wth better accuracy..he said it ..i believe it..
id be interested in others who have examined the bullet an thier explanation of why it is able to do what it can do..
i have no idea that this rimfire rnd will become available again..
i think mabe because some[ i won t say whom i think it is] feared it just gave the millions of little semi marlin 60s an such,, better antipersonnel capabilities than any 22 rnd ever
desighned..
no 06, but for a 22 its great..wish i could find it somewhere at a,, makes sense price..last i found were 8 bucks for 50..that was a while ago..what you think. slim..:)
ps im not wanting to buy them as im in survival mode due to illness in the family .. i have a few left that i l keep an plink with other type ammo.

·
Banned
720 Posts
My local gunshop still gets them in. Tlocal Farm & Ranch supply store also had them a couple weeks ago. I realize that does not help you in NC, but at least you know they are still around

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
The bullet is not the only thing. It goes faster. I recently read the stats on most of the popular .22 rimfires and IIRC, the Velocitor ran about 80 ft pounds, while the next-highest was about 60. I swear by them for serious .22 work. I use the Winchester Power Point for fartin' around exploding rodents etc., but the Velocitor is unique in it's abilities. I shot one cleanly through a coyote once. Very impressive.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
i bought a brick of them cheap two years ago and also stumbled onto 5000 of mini mags a few weeks later and bought those too. i shoot groups with the mini mags and i hunt with the velositors. i'm happy for now

·
Banned
604 Posts
It's all I use anymore, especially in my 10/22's. I was over to Cabela's last week and they had piles of 'em on their shelves. $6.95 a box.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts