Shooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
604 Posts
Slim ... I use 'em exclusively. Have even built three different 10/22's that I tuned for them. In these rifles they are exceptionally accurate and the ONLY thing I use for small game hunting. My own 10/22 HAS put 5 shots into .037", although it was probably more a case of me zigging when I should have. But they will often print 1/4" groups at 50 yards. This from a factory barrel, albeit a stainless steel 22". The rifle started life at Wal-Mart.

A lot of the guys report that they are accurate in their rifles also. I've tried the target ammunition, standard velocity ammo, other hyper-velocity ammo, about 30 different types and brands and these Velocitors beat 'em all. I also like the 40 grain bullet for my hunting rounds. Taken fox and coyote with 'em too, not to mention the occassional porcupine.

Try 'em. You might even like them.

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
yep they tote potent medicine..
in my cz they are true.. in my marlin 60 they give firepower,uncommon to a 22..
the best thing is my plinking ammo[fed target] shoots almost like they do,so no need to adjust the scope.i just adjust my hold a tad.slim

·
Banned
556 Posts
yep they tote potent medicine..
in my cz they are true.. in my marlin 60 they give firepower,uncommon to a 22..
the best thing is my plinking ammo[fed target] shoots almost like they do,so no need to adjust the scope.i just adjust my hold a tad.slim
Slim, the velocitors really shouldn't be used in a marlin 60 unless you keep extra buffers on hand as they crack pretty quick when using hv ammo.

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
appreciate the tip..its to high to plink with anyway..now if its max knock dn power for a 22 rimfire, i still choose that over anything else..
some say they not good ina cz 452 either.. so just what can you use them in..
even with a semi auto im not a spray shooter.im still a one shot one kill shooter.one shot from a velocitor,an its squirrel stew tonight.:)
of course the same is true of the fed 40 grn target..but if i got my choice on a coyote id rather hittim with a velocitor..if i do my pt.. his chicken stealing days are ove.. appreciate the input though..slim

·
Banned
556 Posts
I use them in lever actions, single shots, ruger 10/22 and remington 597. My son loves the marlin 60 and has fired a few of the Aguilas and velocitors in it but after i showed him the manual that it states not to, he only uses them in his ruger now.

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good to know ..i won t spred bad info to others..still in my house my old mod 60s
action works so dependably with them..its my second home defence gun..
if i can t take him dn in my house with 18 velocitors..he desrves all he can carry as i won t be alive to use it anyway..thanks for the info ..i do use fed target for plinking..can t even afford to do much of that any more. slim

·
Registered
13,141 Posts
Just so the rimfire section gets a few more key-strokes, I picked up 4 different boxes of 22LR to run through my Marlin 80g. I'll report back after this weekend when I (hopefully) get the chance to shoot them all for groups.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.