Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have done as much research here and on the web and cannot seem to find what I am looking for.

I have come across a Western Field 16 Gauge bolt action shotgun. Model m148

Can anyone please give me some info on the shotgun and if parts are available.

It is in beautiful condition and a blast to shoot but I know nothing about it. I have looked at the cross reference guide on this site but it does not list this gun.

Thanks!

Matt

I can attach pictures if needed

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
I looked in my cross reference and did not see a M148 listed but many of the bolt shotguns for Mongomery Ward (Western Field) were made my Mossberg so if you could give us a pic, perhaps we could narrow it down some. Mossberg made quite a few different models, many with choke cones on the muzzle.

Parts for these older guns are dependent on the supply of salvage guns sold to used parts suppliers and what one will not have today, they may have tomorrow. Its a crap shoot ordering, sometimes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same rifle I'm looking for a mag for it can you post a picture of yours so I can use it as a reference, I just bought mine it didn't come with the box mag

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
37,103 Posts
Considering we haven't seen him in 12 years.... I wouldn't hold your breath! But maybe one of our currently active members will see this post and can help.

Best of luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts