Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across some old Remington ammo in some stuff that was purchased from an estate sale. Best I can tell it is old new stock from a storeowner. It looks to be from the mid sixties as far as I can tell. The boxes are all in great shape and are full. There is a box of 38-40, 244 Remington, 32 Winchester, and two boxes of 303 Savage. There are also several boxes of Winchester-Western shotgun shells. Where could I determine any collectible value and find potential buyers?

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,236 Posts
How much .244 stuff is there? I would be interested in that, although not as a collecter.

I find stuff like that (60's - 70's) from time to time and mostly people are happy to just get rid of it.

Bought some .35 Rem ammo a while back and gave a buck a box for it.... that was still less than the marked price on the boxes, which was two dollars and change. And this was from a gun store, not a garage sale. FYI they had some .32 Win Special ammo of about the same vintage, but I didn't buy it as I don't have a gun I can use it in.

Not to say what you have isn't worth more, I suspect that old .35 Rem ammo is probably not in big demand in the collector market so my example may not mean much. Good luck and if you don't find any collectors who want the .244 ammo, let me know.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike,
There is only one box of the 244 Remington. I am still looking for information on the collectible value. Some say it is has some value, some say not. Will keep you in mind though.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Thats funny you brought up old boxes of ammo, just yesterday came accross a old box of Super Vel Ammo .44 Mag 240grJHP came in a cardboard box with a cardboard sleeve with a plastic insert for the bullets, on the back of the box, it states H&H Cartridge Corp.,Greensburg, Indiana U.S.A ;)Im not sure how old this box is, got it from a friend, never shot any 3 are missing, they do look nasty, The back of the box advertizes how there quality of bullets over and above standards. Aim small hit small. RAMbo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts