Shooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,428 Posts
Welcome to the forum

I have used one, on a friends .22 calibler AR. It was the red dot variety, and seemed very sturdy.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have several. I currently have a diamondback and a Viper PST. I had to send the Diamondback in to have it fixed after it the poi drifted up about 1 moa after each shot, drawing a dead verticle line up the target. Vortex replaced it even though they could not replicate the problem my 45/70 was giving it and now the new one works great on my AR-15 and a Nikon Buckmaster got put on the 45/70. I put the viper PST on my 300 win mag and at first I wasn't all that happy with it considered sending it back but gave it another shot. I did have a flake of paint or something that came loose during the first range session and stuck to the optics inside. But it stuck back to the inside wall of the scope. I have since been told this is normal for a lot of scopes but it was the first time I encountered it.

All in all Vortex optics seem to be a good value and the lifetime VIP warrantee is pretty phenominal. I'll probably buy another piece of theirs soon, spotting scope or binos. and I'll consider them for any new builds I do. My next build will probably be a .308 target/tactical rifle and I'll consider Vortex as well as Nightforce for that project.

·
Banned
1 Posts
I just recently purchased two of their products: 1)Vulture 12x50 binos; 2) 6-24 Crossfie rifle scope. I am very pleased with both!

Tried the binos in regular and low-light conditions, and they were very sharp and clear, easy to focus. While the scope is more than I really need, I'm putting it on a Tikka T3 22-250 for varmint hunts. With the sun shade, that is included, it looks like an RPG launcher. But, it too is very sharp and clear, just a little finicky on the focus.

Got the binos on sale thru Amazon at $195, which is almost half price. The scope I got thru SWFA, also on sale for $99.00!

Don't think you can go wrong with VORTEX OPTICS!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts