Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
"Bad Joke Friday" Dan (moderator emeritus)
7,761 Posts
gun runner,

I haven't found any crushed walnut at several co-op or farm stores I've visited. I'll keep checking around because I agree, 40lbs. would last me the rest of my life!  And I sure agree with the Brasso recommendation. It workds much better than any of the factory (Dillon/Lyman/etc.) stuff that I've tired. It really shines the brass up.

Dan

·
7,761 Posts
Intel6,

I've noticed that a number of folks highly recommend using car polish. I use Brasso and it really polishes the brass, but do appreciate the issue of ammonia. Does the car polish products also have ammonia?

Dan

·
7,761 Posts
Intel6,

Appreciate the help. I'll try your brand of auto polish as I've used Dillon's compound and while it gets my brass clean, it sure doesn't make it shine at all?  For me, the Brasso, with either corn cob or walnut, would pass my sargents inspection!

Dan

·
7,761 Posts
Intel6,

As best I can figure out, we folks here in Ioway must think small cause a 5lb. container is the largest ground walnut package I have found so far. This is becoming somewhat of a personnal challenge to find a bigger bag. I'm getting my next farm/pet shops all planned out and I'm going to hit the road again next week. In the mean time, while I'm using the 5lb. container I found, I'll give the car polish a try.

Thanks again, turning into a good old time scavenger hunt.

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.