Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone,
Income tax almost here and I need a new cylinder for my Ruger Blackhawk.
This is an "UNALTERED" 3 screw so please don't anyone sugest sending back to Ruger.  OK?
Anyway I need a .45 Colt cylinder, in  unaltered condition, preferably a new model cylinder.  I don't want the rebated chambers.
My old cylinder has oversized chambers and tends to split cases.  Sometimes even with factory ammo.  And the chamber throats are too big, courtesy of a gunsmith who didn't do what I asked.
So if anyone has a cylinder they want to sell, email me at [email protected] with a price and description.   Oh if anyone has a set of .45 Colt / .45 ACP they want to sell.....................well I can dream can't I?
Thanks Joe

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bowen sells blank cylinders with .218" pilot holes predrilled, ready to be chambered for any caliber you wish for old model and new model SA Rugers...I think cost on the blank ones is between &#36200 and &#36230.

·
Registered
531 Posts
While they will not sell one directly to you, I believe Ruger will sell these to a licensed qualified gunsmith.  I'd call them and check.

·
Registered
439 Posts
want, no need new cylinder

Gun Parts Corp. has them for around $70.00. Get the unfluted one if you have a choice. Brownells sells the Bowen "blank Ruger cylinders" that you can chamber yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts