Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This topic has probably been written about a few times now. However i have been doing a lot of research on the internet in regards to purchasing a mauser. I have also been to a few gun shows and seen mausers for sale mostly captured ones by the russian as they usually have numbers scratched into them and are often accompanied by a large x on the bolt. I would like to purchase a k98 that has seen service in WWII. I heard about mitchells mausers in various magazines but have also heard that they are frauds and re-blu and make serial numbers match through what has been described as underhanded methods. Also is the bolt itself on an original era mauser supposed to be blued or polished? I am looking for tell tale signs to distinguish a unaltered mauser from one that has been changed and dressed up to look pretty so some idiot i.e. me who doesnt know a lot about the finer details of the rifle buys it because it looks to be in good condition and legitimate. Also what type of paperwork should i look for if there is any and what should i look for in the marking on the weapon itself.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I purchased my Nazi Mauser from Wideners last year, but now they are out. I hear SOG still has some, but I think you must have an FFL on file to even see their guns. Yes, a C&R FFL counts.

http://www.southernohiogun.com/

I have had no dealings with SOG. I have heard bad reports and good reports about the quality of their products. I have nothing but good things to say about Wideners and J&G Sales, though they are both out of Nazi Mausers.

My Nazi Mauser is still in the cosmoline from importation. It has a blued bolt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts