Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone out there is looking to purchase a 1894fg as bad as I am here is what you need to do.
Call Marlin Firearms at 1-800-544-8892 and ask to speak to manufacturing and let them know you are interested in them manufacturing the 1894 fg in 41mag. I must be the only one they have heard of that has shown any interest. I have tried to purchase this gun on line but the price is $500 more than the 357 and 44mag. Maybe with a bit of interest Marlin will start anouther production run and the price of the rifle will be under $500.

·
Registered
955 Posts
If anyone out there is looking to purchase a 1894fg as bad as I am here is what you need to do.
Call Marlin Firearms at 1-800-544-8892 and ask to speak to manufacturing and let them know you are interested in them manufacturing the 1894 fg in 41mag. I must be the only one they have heard of that has shown any interest. I have tried to purchase this gun on line but the price is $500 more than the 357 and 44mag. Maybe with a bit of interest Marlin will start anouther production run and the price of the rifle will be under $500.
From what I've seen, they discontinue and re-release the 1894FG every so often. I have one, myself, and I love it.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Actually, the 1894FG is probably the rarest of any 1894 model. There has only been one run, in 2003, none before or since. For a very short time, the 1894S was available in 41 Mag from 1985 through 1989. That's it the only "Marlin" runs of the 41 Mag. I'm not sure what Davidson's has done, they might have had a run of one of their special order rifles but I haven't kept track of those rifles but it would not be an 1894FG.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Actually, the 1894FG is probably the rarest of any 1894 model. There has only been one run, in 2003, none before or since. For a very short time, the 1894S was available in 41 Mag from 1985 through 1989. That's it the only "Marlin" runs of the 41 Mag. I'm not sure what Davidson's has done, they might have had a run of one of their special order rifles but I haven't kept track of those rifles but it would not be an 1894FG.
Ah, I stand corrected. I was going by the information someone else gave me, anyway.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Didn't they make a run with an octagon barrel? I picked up my 1894S in 87-88'.

ETA: Marlin made a uncatolaged 20" oct bbl, Cowboy in 1999 also in .41 Mag.

CD

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yes they did, 20 incher. I saw one one GB not long ago. If I really had to have a .41, that would be the one.

·
Registered
284 Posts
The 1894 41 mag with the 20 inch octagon barrel was a special run for Davidsons. It is called the 1894 Cowboy Carbine Limited. They are few and far between and will bring in the ballpark of 1000+ dollars.

Not likely to do any good at all by contacting Marlin since they are closing the factory and moving production to a Rem factory. I think I did see a CCL in 41 mag on GB yesterday.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
marlin factory closure

Spoke to Marlin consumer service dept and they said the remington factoy has been manufacturing their product for years with the Marlin name. If anyone can get to the truth let us know

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry - you haven't been a member of this board long enough or made sufficient postings to qualify to sell items here. Please go to the "Trading Post" forum and read the requirements for posting items for sale.

Again - sorry for the deletion of your post.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts