Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for someone in the Jacksonville Florida area to gift some older ammo and an old wooden DUPONT shipping box.

The Box:
Dupont "Smokless Powder for Small Arms" shipping box. The box is in such faded condition I didn't realize it was reloading/ammo related. It came with a couple tumblers I bought through local Craigslist and it was full of mostly junk odds n ends and a half inch of brass and old ammunition. The box measures 10.5 X 21.75 X 6". The sides are nailed to the ends (no dove tailing), the bottom boards are tongue and groove nailed on, no lid/top, but there are nail holes where the top was apparently nailed in place. It's pretty old, but not ancient. Has a LOT of patina (looks really rough). I looked on Fleabay and saw several pertaining to Dupont-Remington but nothing just Dupont and smokeless powder for small arms. I'm thinking it is pretty rare, but the condition is rough.

The Ammo:
All of the loaded ammo was/is loose, no boxes. Much of it has some green crud. Whoever had it was apparently a .32 caliber fan as there are 4 sizes; 32 S&W (#18), 32 S&WL (#13), 32 WCF (#23), and 32-20 (#3). The head stamps cover the gambit, UMC, US, Peters, apparent military, and perhaps some others (dang tiny print vs old eyes). A couple 38 S&W. A 380 CAPH which looks like a 380 ACP. A couple 25-6.35MM which look like 25 ACP, and a couple LC/42 30 CAL carbine. (One brass 12 gauge and a 45-70 I'm keeping just because they are cool to me.)

Not sure that I want to jump through all the required hoops to try and ship giveaway ammo, and I suspect shipping the box will exceed it's value.

Unfortunately I do not seem to have the privileges required to post attachments. :( If someone needs pics PM me and we can exchange phone numbers for txting pics.

·
Registered
65 Posts
60DRB,
Thanks for posting those pic's mate.
They'd be good in my collection but I think I'm
a bit far away,

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
oley,
Maybe put up a note on the bulletin board of your local shooting range or gun club.
excellent idea, don't know why it didn't occur to me. I will do so once the Orwellian lockdown orders are relaxed.

Reactions: 60DRB
1 - 7 of 7 Posts