Shooters Forum banner

Wanted: Wooden AR15 Stock Set

Tags
ar15
5K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  epat 
#1 ·
Looking for a wooden AR15 stock set. Would like one that has the pistol grip built into the stock. Or someone who has one to use as a pattern.

Also looking for a 300acc blackout barrel..either target crowned or longer than 16". Have to comply with these dracrionin NYS laws now..
Thanks.:)

#5 ·
That rifle in the other thread is mine. Did you see the correction I made about where I got the stock? If you call JP Enterprises, you may still be able to get one even though it's not on their website anymore..

But be aware; Since I posted that photo, I have realized that the stock doesn't really fit me very well. I built the rifle several years ago but, just started shooting it a lot recently. The cheek rest (not visible in the pic) is too thick, and I find myself having to muscle the gun around to get my head behind the scope. I may be able to sand it down and make it work but, for now, I'm just going to put the standard A2 stock back on it.

Just pointing that out before you try to get one. It looks good but, it is not comfortable. At least, not for me.

#6 ·
Well, NYS passed these stupid laws saying you have to register your ar15 if it has even one evil feature. So, I am hoping to get rid of the pistol grip by using this type of stock. Could you shoulder that without putting your thumb through the hole and tell me how awkward it feels? Reason being we can't have thumbhole stocks either, it has to be solid. This sucks as I got four ar's to do this with.

#8 ·
I don't see how you could use it that way... If the thumbhole wasn't there, you really couldn't hold on to it. you'd just have to use the grip part of the stock to press the gun against your shoulder. That would be dangerous to do off-hand. Might work on a bench but, far from ideal.

That's such crap that you have to go through all this... I'd seriously think about moving to another state if I lived there but, I know that's not very feasible for most of us. If they did something like that in Colorado, I'd likely just get rid of the AR's and stick with more conventional guns.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.