Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, when I saw the listed price for a Sako A7 at a big chain store, I couldn't believe it. I hit the "BUY" button and soon had a phone call that confirmed the price AND sale to me. A Sako A7 @ $399, NIB. I'd never had any urge to buy an A7, and had actually bought 3 Sako M85s recently, but could not turn this down. It will be my next gift rifle. Think the recipient will be happy??

The gift scope will be a Burris 4 X 1.5-6x42 with illuminated reticle.

Attachments

Reactions: StretchNM

·
Registered
11,945 Posts
Sounds like a great deal to me! What is it chambered in?

If your gift hunter isn't delighted with that Sako, tell 'em he can send it to a poor boy in SD....

·
Registered
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 30/06. I told a Buddy about the sales price and he was able to score one as well. They also had the SS version on sale for $500 and I now wish I'd grabbed one. The SS they have now is listed at 700.

The rifle is very nice and a no brainer at the price.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,815 Posts
A fantastic deal, Tnhunter - I'm sure the gifted person will be grateful. There's a 1976 Centennial Ruger Model 1B posted for sale at our local gun range in 270 Win. Used to have one in 25-06 and still can't figure out how it got away many years ago. I covet this one, but at my age and slowly liquidating the collection on hand, there is no practical reason to acquire another firearm. I'm sure someone who recognizes the value of this one will snap it up shortly.

·
The Shadow (Super Mod)
7,186 Posts
I covet this one, but at my age and slowly liquidating the collection on hand, there is no practical reason to acquire another firearm.
Sure there is, you want it; that's all the reason you need.:)

Reactions: JWSmith1959

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
10,470 Posts
Yup, kdub is like me, but now there's this cute little CZ in 17 Hornet . . . . . . .

RJ

·
Premium Member
14,239 Posts
Nice rifle, nice price and even nicer gesture. Thank you for what you do for those we can't thank enough.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Be sure to tell whoever you give it to that they should never load the magazine through the action port, like the manual says you can. Always remove the mag & load the rounds by sliding them in from front to back. Pushing them straight down, as required when loading through the port causes the mag lips to spread and the mag will eventually empty all it's rounds at once when the bolt is cycled. This is just one of the problems the Beretta inspired "econo" Sako have been known to demonstrate. Happened to a friend & cost him a nice bull elk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts