Shooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Ok everybody, I have done a decent ammount of looking around the forum and have not come up with much that tells me what I want to know. I am really in the need for a pair of waterproof pants.

Moderator Edit: No advertising allowed on this forum without the owner's prior permission. User banned.

·
Registered
13,141 Posts
I used to do a fair amount of deep-sea fishing where spray and rain were common. I thought I knew better than the skipper and deck hand that I usually went out with and showed up wearing my goretex wading jacket and pants a couple of times. What I found out was, if you're moving around a lot, nothing beats a set of bib overalls and long coat. It's not that water was going through my goretex, but when you're moving your arms and legs a lot, you need a good deal of overlap in your equipment or else water gets in around the seams. In a 20-minute ride in the rain, you'd be pretty much soaked. Frogg Toggs makes a good product, although I don't see bibs from them.

Another thing I'd be concerned about is wear...I don't know how many of these products will stand up to the friction caused by biking. They won't be comfortable or flexible, but I'd still recommend one of the yellow rubber-ducky suits. This isn't a situation where waterproof hunting gear is going to stand up to what you need.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.