Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D:D:D:D
Colorado residents on Tuesday voted to recall both Democratic Senate President John Morse and state Sen. Angela Giron over a number of gun control laws they helped pushed through the Legislature.

With 100 percent of the results in, 50.9 percent of Colorado residents voted to recall Morse in the historic election, the Denver Post reports. Morse delivered his concession speech late Tuesday night.

“We as the Democratic party will continue to fight,” Morse told supporters in Colorado Springs as he conceded the race.

Republican Bernie Herpin, a former Colorado Springs city councilman, will replace him.

Meanwhile, Giron, challenged over her support for stricter gun laws after last year’s mass shootings, was also rebuked in a race seen as a measure of popular support for gun legislation.

Though hesitant to concede at first, Giron realized she too had been fired by Colorado voters. With 100 percent of the projected results in, 56 percent of voters favored the recall, according to the Denver Post.

Angered by new limits on ammunition magazines and expanded background checks, gun-rights activists filed enough voter signatures for the recall elections – the first for state legislators since Colorado adopted the procedure in 1912.

The recalls were seen as the latest chapter in the national debate over gun rights – and, for some, a warning to lawmakers in swing states who might contemplate gun restrictions in the future. But gun rights activists’ efforts to force recall elections for two other Colorado Democrats failed this year.

As TheBlaze previously reported, the recall election was apparently triggered by six “regular guys” who were fed-up with lawmakers ramming gun control laws down the throats of voters and ignoring the Second Amendment. It proves beyond a reasonable doubt that a small group of people, or even just one person, can truly make a difference if they take a stand.

TWO Colorado State Senators Who Led Gun Control Push Find Out What Can Happen When Fed-Up Voters Take a Stand (Updated) | TheBlaze.com
:D:D:D:D

Reactions: bsn and Tnhunter

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Colorado Recall Election

The recall of 2 of the more anti-gun Colorado State Senators responsible for recent anti-gun laws have been successfully defeated (kicked out) in the recall election. :):) Former Senator Morse is going back to being an accountant and was replaced by a former City Councilman and Former Senator Angela Giron has been replaced by a former police officer.

The opposition to the recall claimed that a successful recall would open the way for big money to replace elected officials that vote against their views - ignoring the fact that it is the anti-gun people that have the deep pockets.

I see the recall as the people getting rid of the elected officials that vote against the wishes of the people they were elected to represent.
The cost of the recall election is about $1/2 million of taxpayer money, but that money was well spent to get rid of politicians that weren't representing the voters who elected them.

Unfortunately the State Senator from my district is still there as the petition to recall her was suspended to concentrate on the recall petitions that have now been successful.

This should be a wake-up call to the gun owners that have not been voting to go to elections as they can be effective in electing those who support our gun rights.

·
Registered
7,821 Posts
We can only hope that other elected officials throughout the country will now understand that simply being elected does not mean they can now apply their own agendas to the votes they cast as a "representative". I wonder if that idiot Bloomberg has begun to understand just how little influence he really has outside the "sheeple" living in N.Y.C. :rolleyes:

Reactions: M1894

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,227 Posts
I hope this is a wake up call to politicians that think they can ignore the people they represent. This process should be expanded to all States that are being double crossed by their reps. This is the only way to make pols k ow we mean business about our gun rights.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Colorado Recall Results: Democratic State Senators Defeated In Major Victory For NRA

WASHINGTON -- The first recall election in Colorado's history on Tuesday marked a stunning victory for the National Rifle Association and gun rights activists, with the ouster of two Democrats -- Senate President John Morse (Colorado Springs) and state Sen. Angela Giron (Pueblo). The two lawmakers were the target of separate recall fights over their support for stricter gun laws earlier this year......Read On:

"The people of Colorado Springs sent a clear message to the Senate leader that his primary job was to defend their rights and freedoms and that he is ultimately accountable to them -- his constituents, and not to the dollars or social engineering agendas of anti-gun billionaires."

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,991 Posts
Good for you Irv. Keep up the good work.... and best of luck getting the rest of them kicked out ;)

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,991 Posts
Gonna merge the two near-identical threads on the Colorado recall elections, FYI.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Good job Colorado. Like the rest of you I hope the other anti gun zealots take note(politicians and private). More and more of us aren't gonna take it anymore!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Colorado Recall Results: Democratic State Senators Defeated In Major Victory For NRA

WASHINGTON -- The first recall election in Colorado's history on Tuesday marked a stunning victory for the National Rifle Association and gun rights activists, with the ouster of two Democrats -- Senate President John Morse (Colorado Springs) and state Sen. Angela Giron (Pueblo). The two lawmakers were the target of separate recall fights over their support for stricter gun laws earlier this year......Read On:

"The people of Colorado Springs sent a clear message to the Senate leader that his primary job was to defend their rights and freedoms and that he is ultimately accountable to them -- his constituents, and not to the dollars or social engineering agendas of anti-gun billionaires."
If you read the comments on that article you can just feel the butthurt from anti-gunners. It's absolutely delicious. There also talking about turning Colorado blue. Personally, I thought it has been blue as blueberries for years. Guess I was wrong.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Now the **** Govenor

Ok, Colorado, I am proud of you. Now get the governor out of office. How about creating a new state? It could be called Colt.

Note: Edited to remove ethnic slur. We have members representing just about every state in the union. Let's not start the War Against the States all over again.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
If you read the comments on that article you can just feel the butthurt from anti-gunners. It's absolutely delicious. There also talking about turning Colorado blue. Personally, I thought it has been blue as blueberries for years. Guess I was wrong.
Colorado used to be "blue" (as were most states) until the Dems figured out that their color (RED) uncomfortably was too close to illustrating the true intentions of their politics (Communist = RED) Somewhere along the line they got the colors flipped in their favor.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Ok, Colorado, I am proud of you. Now get the governor out of office. How about creating a new state? It could be called Colt.
The County Commissioners of a number of Colorado Counties are discussing the possibility of seceding and forming a new state. The process is extremely complicated and I doubt it will be successful. Probably not a good idea except for raising the possibility for political leverage.

·
Registered
263 Posts
So much for that BS poll that said 90% approve of gun control. And Giron is "perplexed". She believed her own party's BS, and still doesn't get it. "We're going to win because we are on the right side." Huh ??? I wish NY had "Recall". We dont, we have to wait till 14. I wonder if Coumy is just a tad nervous. All I want for Christmas .....

Way to go Colorado !!!!!! You are a shining light of hope for us NY'ers. It can be done !!!

adk59

·
Banned
4,916 Posts
Probably not...

I wonder if that idiot Bloomberg has begun to understand just how little influence he really has outside the "sheeple" living in N.Y.C.
Bloomberg begin to understand that the country don't cotton to the direction of his emotions? Probably not. You see, liberals do not take a decision based upon history, reason, experience and intelligence. They take most decisions based upon emotion. Well, not all decisions. They take decisions that effect YOU based upon emotion. They take decisions that effect themselves based upon how hard it will hit their own pocketbooks.

So, now that two have been recalled, watch for this: The people who will replace the two enemies of Freedom will be portrayed as bloodthirsty, as brainless pawns of the NRA, as wanting babies to be murdered in their strollers, as wanting every person to own a "military assault weapon of war" and to have "thousands of rounds of deadly military ammo in their homes," as wanting every person to have a nuclear weapon in his garage, as supporting the "hunting of humans" because these two incoming legislators most likely support the maintaining of existing shootin' ranges and the opening of new ones, et cetera. What you'll see is bug-eyed hysteria on the part of the Left. When Marxists lose, they put more of their idiocy on parade, and increase the shrillness of their tenor in an effort to sway the low-information voter, so he's on their side come the next election. And the low-information voter, never one to look intelligently at the issues himself, is ripe for the plucking. The battle for Freedom continues. It is never totally won...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Great job Colorado citizens ad too bad Colorado subjects. What the left doesn't understand is if gun control worked Chicago would look like Mayberry and not the Thunder Dome.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Maybe they will wake up and realize the problem is not the law abiding citizens but the lawless gang bangers in Chicago, Detroit, & DC to name a few that don't care about their silly ineffectual laws. Way to go Colorado, we need to stay on the offensive.

shoot straight and shoot often
GF

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
The article I read mentioned that this still leaves Republicans one vote shy of a majority, but that is not the most important lesson to be learned from this recall election victory. As TnHunter pointed out, this sends a very strong message to ALL elected officials that they are not there to "vote their conscience"...they are there to vote the will of the people who elected them!

The most alarming, and universal, facet of modern politics is the absolute disdain shown by most officials for their constituents. This vote in Colorado is not going to put an end to the anti-gun efforts, but it is a wake-up call to all politicians that if they are voted into office to represent our interests, and fail to do so, there WILL be repurcussions!

WTG CO! :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts