Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just wondering what your thoughts are about the weatherby vanguard S2 rifle? i am thinking about getting one in 25-06. positives and negatives about the gun?

all info appreciated

thanks

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I bought the exact same gun caliber and all last summer as soon as they hit the store shelves. As far as negatives, the stock isn't so pretty. It feels good in my hands and is balanced well but not so cute. For me though I don't care how the stock looks. As far as positives go, well that's really everything else about the gun. I love it all, the trigger is the best trigger I've ever squeezed on a factory rifle. Very smooth, creep free and fully adjustable. As far as accuracy goes it beats it guarantee of 3 shots at 100 yards sub-moa. My nephew and I have both shot multiple 5 shot sub-moa groups. They added the 240 Weatherby Mag to the Vanguard line-up for the first time, wouldn't mind one of those as well. I highly recommend the gun. Recoil pad is a little weird but really works great. Also Sask, the 5 shot groups we were shooting were with three different loads and they all went sub-moa. Double Tap 110gr Nosler AccuBond, Nosler Custom Handload 100gr E-Tip, and the Barnes Vortex 100gr TTSX. It liked the Nosler Custom the best, but all shot great. The only thing I would change about it, would have been to get it sooner !!:D:D:D

·
Registered
217 Posts
I got one last month. It's chambered for the .338 Win. Mag. I don't hesitate to say get one. I have the 25-06 in the earlier model Vanguard and it shoots very well, but I had to buy a trigger for that one. The new one has a good trigger and great recoil pad.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Mine is a .308. Best factory trigger I have seen in a long time. I am not a "plastic stock" guy, but I am very satisfied with this one. Would not hesitate to buy another one in another cartridge if I were so inclined. This is the only Weatherby rifle I own but may not be the last. Most of my long rifles are either either Ruger or Savage and a few Winchesters, but I would rank the new Vanguard S2 with any of the factory rifles. You won't be disappointed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts