Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,828 Posts
It depends what you prefer

I have been using Weaver bases and rings for more years than I care to mention. Regarding Weaver rings, I prefer the Quad-Locks with four straps. All the best...
Gil

·
Premium Member
2,773 Posts
I would say yes and I've used some for 50 years. My favorite mounting system is the talleys but they are a lot more expensive.
The other poster said to use the rings with screws on both sides instead of the screws on one side, and I would concur with that.
But if you already have the other, lock it down and go hunting!

·
Registered
312 Posts
The Weaver mounts are excellent. They hold well, most are detachable, are strong and inexpensive.

The new Quad Lock looks cool and I like them. The regular rings are just fine.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i mounted the scope and rings n bases(leupold)off my 243 on my 30-06,2'' groups at 120 yards. thats just fine huntin accuracy IMO.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just put on a weaver base and tactical rings on my 700 BDL 338 RUM
Rings are the 6 set screws per ring they fit fine and work very well
Scope is a Simmons 6.5-20X 50 mm

·
Registered
7,852 Posts
Asking if Weaver rings and bases are "good" I'd say is akin to asking if the 30/30 is a decent deer cartridge. Plenty of people might suggest another cartridge/caliber, but very few (any???) would say that the 30/30 is anything but a great deer killer AND that a weaver base and ring set will do anything but securely hold your scope in place. Some might be purtier and many are more expensive, but not sure if any do their job any better.

·
Registered
11,966 Posts
The only issue I have with the Weaver rings with the screws on one side, is the scope will tend to clock around when tightening the screws. Just takes a little extra effort to keep the crosshairs straight. After eveything is in place it tends to stay there. They aren't a work of art but very functional.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts