Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a weaver Grand Slam 4.5 X 12 40mm scope that was listed as used at SWFA. It was rated as C which is the lowest category but the case is un scratched and the only issue is that the numbers wore off the rubber which as best I can tell is pretty common with this scope anyway.

My question is what is the right way to adjust this scope. By that I mean the eye piece adjusts and there is AO adjustment on the front.

Do you turn the AO all the way to one side and adjust the eye piece and at what power do you do this?

I was fiddling around with it in the house and got a very clear image in it but it took some fiddling around to get it and it was just inside the house so over a long distance the view might be less than desirable. It did not come with any instructions sheet and the weaver site is devoid of anything other that a sales list of why it is such a good scope.

So if you have a moment can you explain how to make the adjustments so that I would be ready to take it out hunting. I do not want to be trying to make adjustments on every shot.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Figure out something, lets say 50 yards or even 100 yards away and set your A.O. as marked to that distance, then adjust your rear focus adjustment to suit you. What I'd do. Never heard/read of someone complaining about optics clarity in a Weaver Grand Slam.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you have old eyes and did not adjust the rear focus it could be less than perfect. The AO has no markings so should it be adjusted all to the left or right? Once I got it focused in the house it was very clear and sharp. I thought I read that the rear lens is a focus but then I thought I was screwing the scope up so I screwed int all the way in and left it there. When I looked at a card on the other side of the house I could see it but the print was blurry so I figured I might as well see what the rear adjust does and it brought it in that I could read the print. I am not sure where the AO was set but at that short distance the view was clear and sharp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts