Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share an experience with others that may have been thinking of having a Weaver scope repaired. I have an older k2.5 with t-n-t reticle. Nice all steel body. I bought it when i was eighteen or so. I believe i paid about $22.00 for the peice brand new from Gander Mountain.Many deer seasons have come and gone and while i always had good service with the scope, it's 2 peice optics had started to seperate, resulting in a "cloud" when looking through the scope. While many prefer variables, i prefer fixed power scopes and really did not want to throw this one out.I sent it to Weaver Scope Repair in El Paso Texas. For a reasonable fee, the scope was re-conditioned (New lens' nitrogen fill etc.). I just got it back today and boy does it look spiffy! They even filled the K2.5 designation on the body with a Gold colored inlay! The scope looks brand new. While the repair took a few months, i would recommend the service for those wishing to hang on to an "old favorite".:D
Scott in Vermont

·
"Bad Joke Friday" Dan (moderator emeritus)
7,764 Posts
Scott,

Good information to have .... must be about a gazillion Weavers out there, many of them pretty old. If we get a notice from Weaver that they have a six month backlog, we'll blame it on your note!

By the way, like the "A lot of people mistake a short memory for a clear conscience" -- pretty good.

Dan

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,465 Posts
As we speak, I'm waiting for my K6 to return!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Scott, was that the Weaver Repair Service in El Paso??

Thanks. L.W.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Leanwolf,
Yes it is.
The address is:
Weaver Scope Repair Service
1121 Larry Mahan Dr. Suite "B"
El Paso Texas 79925
Tel # 915-593-1005