Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried like crazy to get back on board (after the crash) with my original name (just plain ol' Alan) and password with zero success. The link to reset your password is not working. I have tried re-registering with my original name, password and a different e-mail address and the error message I get is that there is someone already with that Username (namely, me!). I've also tried registering with a new name but same e-mail address but the error message says someone already has that e-mail addy (namely, me!). So, I registered with a different name, different password and created a yahoo mail account to get back on board.

Is it possible to be reactivated under my old name and password? I've sent this message to Marshall on a couple of occasions the past few weeks via the contact link but I'm not sure if it is getting through.

By the by...this is Alan Ransom in Portland, OR (hence, AlinOR) :^)

·
Super Moderator
3,375 Posts
Alan,

Good to see you back on the forums! I'll send Alex the text of your post, and have him get back to you and get fixed up like you should be!

I don't know what's up with the system, but as you can tell we've had some serious problems, and are still chasing a bug or two here and there!

We'll look forward to hearing from you on the forums!

God Bless,

Marshall

·
Beartooth Regular
1,118 Posts
Alan,

Good to see you again my friend! How's your Redhawk doing?
Did you ever get a chance to start loading the Savage 99 you told me about?

Currently I'm offline. My home was hit by lightning on the 12th and my 'puter among many other things was fried. Right now I'm online just for a minute at my brother's. My insurance company is as slow as molasses in January so it will probably be another two weeks or so before I'm back online with any regularity. So I'll look forward to hearinf from you soon thereafter.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Good to hear from you too, Bill. Sorry to hear about your hardware woes...and especially having to deal with an insurance company - I've gone through the molasses process my self in the past.

Much has changed.....(grin)....the Redhawk was sold in exchange for a 5.5" SS Bisley which in turn was sold for a 7.5" SRH 454. The Redhawk (for me) was a painful brute with BBA type ammunition (home rolled of course). The Bisley was much more user friendly but I just didn't care for (forgive me BTB readers) shooting SA sixguns. I'm a DA man through and through :^) The SRH is an awesome tank of a sixgun. I shoot a lot of 5 shot pressure loads from it but prefer heavy 45 colt loads...very easy on the hand and extremely accurate as long as velocity is @ 1100 fps or higher (especially higher!) for whatever slug I use (even true cast Keiths).

A few months ago I purchased a honey of a sixgun in the S&W Mnt. Gun (45 colt....natch). True to form...I brought it home and had to immediately send it back to the factory for repair :^) It's an awesome woods carry piece...very accurate with a tried and true 900+ fps Keith load and can also handle a pretty stiff XTP load for hunting purposes. I purchased the Miculek combat stocks for her and I haven't looked back...wonderful fit and feel.

Have done lots of reloading and load testing in the past six months...also burned a couple of bricks of .22 ammo since we last talked with the Ruger MK II (mercy but this bugger is accurate) and am thoroughly enjoying myself during the entire process.

Chat with you later,

Alan

·
Registered
300 Posts
Ray -

I shot a scoped Contender this past weekend chambered in .270. Wish I could say I hated it.....am now devising schemes on how to obtain one :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts